Thursday, October 13, 2011

What are you stuck on?

Why are you afraid of succeeding?
Habakkuk 2:2-3 And the Lord answered me: Write the vision: make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it. For still the vision awaits its appointed time: it hastens to the end-it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it: it will surely come; it will not delay. 
Many of you have a notebook full of ideas, dreams, and aspirations that would make you millions of dollars if you would just invest the time to put forth the effort into it. I am a visionary, so I constantly think about all the million of dollar ideas and opportunities that I have “given away” to those who were undeserving. I often think whether or not I should create a charitable organization just to give ideas away. “Give Away, Inc”.
Having said that let me ask this question, “how many of you have a book that is sitting in the closet collecting dust?”  The answer is most of us has books like these in our closet.  Our assignment in life is to do unto others as we would have them do unto us while building the kingdom of God. Talents are given to everyone whether it is to sing, dance, or draw we must utilize it properly. These are talents that have been given to many of use, but how are we utilizing them to build the kingdom?  
What’s holding you back for attaining all that God has in store for you? Fear? Lack?
Proverbs 28:19 whoever works his land will have plenty to eat. Whoever chases unrealistic dreams will have plenty of nothing. We all have dreams that we all began to think about as a child. I wanted to be an OB/GYN just like Heathcliff Huxtable from the Cosby Show. I was ecstatic to become an OB/GYN until I was told how many years of college that I had to have before I became one. There went the halt to those plans. What made my dreams unrealistic was the fact that I dislike being in a classroom setting. How could I realistically become a doctor without proper schooling?
To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under the heavens~ Ecclesiastics 3:1. The Word of God is plain here. Get Ready! Get Ready! Get Ready!

©2011 La Tracey Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment