Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Birthing Purpose


I was reminded today that last year this time God allowed physical limitation from cervical and ovarian cancer to overtake my body and have me on my back. Dr. announced that I am on strict bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy. First, I was uncomfortable about not having the ability to get up and do for myself and my daughters then remembering that last year God spoke so much into me that I was absorbed with the presence of God in a way that separated me from those I thought would be in my corner.

To wait on God and allow Him to direct the path in your life is what is necessary in the growth of any Christian. I can’t imagine where I would be if I didn’t have God to instruct my journey. God is so good to me! I just had to have a praise break for a moment. I look back and realize that after my surgeries the doctors told me that I would never give birth again, but at my 6 month follow up appointment the doctors said that I am cancer free and pregnant. I know I heard God tell me that the SHift is happening now and that I would be birthing purpose but my God who would have thought.

Well, my husband didn’t agree with the blessings that God had in store for this next level and decided to leave our family because of his own fear and selfish reasons BUT GOD! Romans 8:28 states: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. I am grateful that as of today, I am on strict bed rest in the process of birthing purpose. I can only imagine what God has in store for me during this season. JESUS!

While resting today, I was planning for the baby shower which is scheduled for next Saturday and a lady from church called to see if she could bring some things by for us. I graciously accepted until she got here and gave me a stuffed animal that I thought was a sheep. It wasn’t anything less than a lamb for baby Purpose. YES, I decided to name the baby girl, Purpose for several reasons.

Do you know what the importance of the Lamb is? When Jesus is called the Lamb of God in John 1:29 and John 1:36, it is referring to Him as the perfect and ultimate sacrifice for sin. In order to understand who Christ was and what He did, we must begin with the Old Testament, which contains prophecies concerning the coming of Christ as a “guilt offering” (Isaiah 53:10). In fact, the whole sacrificial system established by God in the Old Testament set the stage for the coming of Jesus Christ, who is the perfect sacrifice God would provide as atonement for the sins of His people (Romans 8:3; Hebrews 10).

Don’t get me wrong, I understand that I was not in the will of the Lord when I went with my own emotions to get married only to cover up the sin of pre-marital sex. The sacrifice of lambs played a very important role in the Jewish religious life and sacrificial system. When John the Baptist referred to Jesus as the “Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world” (John 1:29).Trust me when I say that I am grateful that Jesus gave the ultimate sacrifice for my sins ahead of time. Even though that wasn’t an excuse to do it but know that God has redeemed me for the sins committed knowingly and unknowingly.

Another important sacrifice involving lambs was the daily sacrifice at the temple in Jerusalem. Every morning and evening, a lamb was sacrificed in the temple for the sins of the people (Exodus 29:38-42) these daily sacrifices, like all others, were simply to point people towards the perfect sacrifice of Christ on the cross.  Of course, that person was none other than Jesus Christ, “the Lamb of God.” 

For my unborn daughter, Purpose, we were blessed with a crib, a changing table, and a huge bag of items that had the lamb on them. To others it’s just a theme, but to me it is truly a way of life that God has granted me for giving him my life. I know that I am not perfect and I cannot continue to beat myself up for the past and present sins that I have committed. I know that God is my savior and forever more He lives in me.
I am so glad that I made the choice to live for Christ, not perfect and sinful nature I am but I am HIS. In making my choice to live for Him, God has allowed me to be the vessel for so many and carry His purpose within me during this season. I appreciate the gifts given for my baby and the lessons that come along with it to share to the world on today.  What choice have you made on today that will impact your life for eternity? 

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing testimony of God's purpose and intention. May God continue to bless you and your Purpose!

    ReplyDelete